LMD NG 2017 - News
<< Back to Getting started page
- 1 General
- 2 NG HTMLPack
- 3 NG DialogPack (Delphi 2010 or higher only)
- 4 Archive
The new Next Generation (NG) Control Suite supplements the LMD line of products for Embarcadero Delphi/C++Builder. While LMD VCL products still (now and in the future) support legacy IDEs (Delphi/C++Builder 6 and higher), NG components make use of new IDE and language features of most recent IDE releases (Delphi/C++Builder 2009 and above). This approach allows us to neglect compatibility issues (e.g. Unicode and Generics support) and to use ideas which are not possible with older IDEs.
Besides that NG Controls are designed to be lightweight and task-focused. They do not represent a complete framework like the LMD VCL platform and can be used at the same time with LMD VCL controls, the VCL (and later FMX) or any other 3rd Party toolbox. [Top]
Support for IDEs and operating systems
- Compatible with Delphi and C++ Builder XE2 and better (including new Delphi/C++Builder 10.1 Berlin).
- Including 64bit support for XE2 and higher! The next Delphi/C++Builder release will be supported almost immediately after public availability.
- Supported IDEs
- Delphi 2009 and all newer releases (depending on package)
- C++ Builder 2009 and all newer releases (depending on package)
- All corresponding Studio Products (CRS 2009, RAD Studio 2010 and all newer releases)
- Supported operating systems
- Win 2000 or better (including Windows 7/8/10 or Windows Server 2016 etc.).
64bit support (Delphi XE2 and higher)
All packages are available in 64bit versions.
Since 2016 release NG Controls uses same license scheme like LMD VCL product line. Thus you can review on your machine available licenses for both LMD VCL and NG products via the RegUtility. Since version 2013 RegUtility installer copies all files to the %APPDATA%\LMD Innovative folder (instead of system folder in previous releases). As known from previous releases the new reg utilities recognize earlier license files (regardless whether they are stored in system or appdata folder), so that only one reg utility is required for current and previous licenses.
NG 2017 DevUtil
The NG 2016 DevUtil tool (available for all registered user) was updated (XE6 - Delphi 10.1 support) and improved. It is now easier than ever to switch between different workspaces (sets of component packages), even leaving the current IDE is no longer required!
New subscription model and new customer area
We received some criticism for our old update policy (especially observing the very fast Embarcadero release cycle and our yearly updates).
Old update policy included free minor updates with same major version number - until next major release was available. We offered only for VCL Complete packages subscription models.
Following changes will be introduced with 2016 licenses:
- Each full- or update purchase includes now a one year subscription (free-of-charge)
This one-year subscription refers to major version updates. If a new major version is released within subscription period, you'll receive automatically new version free of charge.
- Minor updates with same major version number are handled like before:
These updates are always free of charge for all major (products LMD-Tools, ElPack, IDE-Tools, etc.) and standalone packs. These updates are placed in our protected download areas and can be downloaded free of charge - anytime (using your registration utility).
- What happens when subscription expires?
Subscription period refers only to the right receiving free major version updates.
If your subscription expires, your licenses behaves like before (free minor updates until next major release, perpetual use of the current license).
To reflect new changes we introduced a new customer area, where customers can review and check license status at one single place. [Top]
- VCL Styles support has been added.
- StyleElements property support has been added; for XE3-up.
Customizing Font and Background colors with VCL Styles using StyleElements property
NG DialogPack (Delphi 2010 or higher only)
- TNGDialogs.StyleElements static property has been added, which can be set to either 'all' or 'none'. This allows to get unstyled dialogs even with VCL styles theme turned on; including input dialogs, which always run in emulation mode.