LMD VCL 2007 - What's New?
<< Back to Getting started page
- Unicode Support
- Native, unicode enabled RegExpression engine
- Native, unicode XML support
- New LMDBitmap class (LMDBitmap.pas)
- Native ZLib Support
- LogTools Basic support / LMDThread
- Vista Style controls and support
- New ThemeEngine
- Shared ImageList support
- Native PNG support
- Cab files Support
- Improved HTMLRenderer
Enhancements / Changes
- TLMDControl and TLMDBaseControl removed
- LMDProcs.pas -> LMDFireURL added
TLMDBaseLabel and descendants
+ loShowLabelHint flag in Options property added (if Hint= and ShowHint, display LabelText as hint).
+ loShowLabelHint flag in Options property added
+ property ShowURLInHint
+ property ShowURLMenu
+ method CopyURL
+ Font property for native dialogs
+ StartDay property
+ OnEditChange event
+ InputQueryMask method
+ InputQueryEx method (useful for LogIn dialogs etc.)
- All previous VCL derived combobox controls (TLMDColorComboBox, TLMDComboBox) are now derived from TLMDThemedComboBox and support native ThemeEngine.
+ StartDay property
+ CheckBtnDefault property
+ CheckBtnMode property
+ State array property (public)
+ GlyphNumber and GlyphColumn properties
+ TrackBarBorder, TrackBarMargin, TrackBarHeight and TrackBarWidth properties
+ MRUList: New ToolButton property
LMD Standalone Packages
+ TLMDShellConsoleView component
+ New variants of gradient backgrounds.
+ TElXCellCheckBox.CheckBoxType property. Defines, the type of the checkbox or radiobutton.
+ TElWideDBLookupComboBox, TElWideDBLookupComboGrid: Unicode support of the AutoComplete feature was added.
+ TElDailyTipDialog.OnBeforeShow event was added. Several controls was replaced for unicode support.
Runtime and helper units, nonvisual base classes. Used by all subpackages and LMD-Tools (example: TLMDApplication, TLMDIniCtrl, XML services, LMD base interfaces etc.). Provides base classes like TLMDCustomComponent etc., from which all LMD-Tools controls should be derived from.
Runtime and helper units, nonvisual base classes and custom visual classes which are used by fewer controls and packages (example: PNG, LMD graphical objects).
Standard controls and shared controls which are used by larger sub packages and LMD-Tools. In addition the LMD-Tools Core controls will represent the new "SE" version which supports fully themed display and centralized visual appearance setting. In addition LMD Core controls can be downloaded by all registered user
LMD-Tools standard and database controls (as known from previous release).
Common designtime features
- New ILMDComponent interface, see intfLMDBase and LMDBase. Will be used to identify components to certain packages and to retrieve version number of a component at runtime.
- Only one About-Dialog for all controls (distinction will be made via ILMDComponent interface return values).
- All version number/date information for packages are stored now in LMDPackages.inc in LMDRTL folder. No more specific package inc files like LMDTools.inc etc.
- Only one component symbol file (LMDCPData.dcr can be found in \lmdshared folder)
- A new res file for all splash screens (LMDSplash.res in \lmdshared folder)
- C++ Builder files are created with Delphi Compiler and TLIB.exe conly.